24. april 2010

My new camera

Two weeks ago I bought a Canon Eos 40d from my dad-in-law. Why the 40d? Well the xxxd series is too "consumer" for me, too fiddly and too light. The xd series is a bit too expensive, and it might be a sort of camera I'll upgrade too when I know this is something I keep coming back to. Therefor the xxd series matches my preferences perfectly, since I wouldn't call the xxd series fiddly and "consumer" - nor would I refer to them as super professional hardware. They land somewhere inbetween, maybe leaning a bit towards the "consumer" end, but what the heck.

Anyway on this blog, my digital darkroom, I'll post what I do.

At this point in time I own the following:

Canon Eos 40d
Canon 17-85mm f/4-5.6 USM (macro-able)
Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM (non macro-able)
3 Batteries
obvious accessories


Thanks to my very good and competent friend Kristoffer Bjørn whom I owe all my knowledge. Go see his photo-blog at: http://www.photosbykristoffer.blogspot.com

He is a great photographer dealing with real stuff like a Canon Eos 5d, softboxes, speedlights, radiowave transmitters et cetera.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar